1. Knowledge, acquaintance with something; knowledge communicated, information. Obsolete.
2. Knowledge how to behave; rules of etiquette. Obsolete.
3. The country or place that is known or familiar; one's native land, home; hence gen. country, region, quarter. Obsolete.
4. The persons who are known or familiar, taken collectively; one's friends, fellow-countrymen, or neighbours; acquaintance; in later use sometimes confused with kin: see 5. Obsolete or archaic except as in 5.
5. kith and kin: originally. Country and kinsfolk (see 3); in later use, Acquaintance and kinsfolk, one's friends and relatives; in modern use often taken merely as a pleonastic phrase for Kinsfolk, relatives, family connections. (Formerly sometimes corrupted to kiff and kin.)
transitive. To make friendly or familiar; reflexive to become acquainted, or associate oneself (with); to greet each other as friends or familiar acquaintances.